Dock and Door Service Technician
ARPAC is expanding and we need your help! We are currently looking for a Dock Service Technician at our Calgary branch. The ideal candidate has previous experience working on a variety of docks and doors complimented with a Journeyperson Millwright ticket.
Arpac is western Canada’s leading provider of material handling equipment and industrial storage solutions for over 40 years. Leading with innovative product lines and top-notch service are what separates us from our competition.
A Typical Day
Dock Service Technicians are supplied a company vehicle which is taken home each night - no more commuting in your own vehicle burning expensive gas! You use your company-supplied cell phone to call dispatch, who schedules your day from one customer job site to another. Only periodic trips are made into the branch to resupply your van with parts. This position performs repairs, maintenance, and inspections on Dock Equipment and Doors at customer sites. Your day will always be filled with a challenge and variety!
- Competitive wage and benefits
- Guaranteed 40-hour work week - no “flat rate”
- Company vehicle - yours to take home at night
- Extensive extended health benefits package including health, dental, critical illness, life insurance, travel insurance, and more; with premiums paid by Arpac
- Disability benefits package paid by employees
- Extensive in-house training
- Experience working on various Dock Equipment and Doors
- Journeyperson certificate in the Millwright trade
- Clean and valid Class 5 driver’s license and driver’s abstract
- Welding experience is an asset
- Electrical experience is an asset
- Customer service focus
- Good communication skills (written/verbal)
- Attention to detail
- Problem solver with a can-do attitude