Dock & Door Service Technician – Edmonton
Looking for an exciting role with growth opportunities in the trades? ARPAC is expanding and we need your help! We are currently looking to add a Dock and Door Service Technician to our Edmonton team! The ideal candidate is an apprentice Millwright with related experience in the industry. A combination of education and experience will be considered.
ARPAC is western Canada's leading provider of material handling equipment and industrial storage solutions for over 40 years. Our expanding company has over 200 employees at our locations throughout BC and Alberta.
A Typical Day
Dock & Door Service Technicians are supplied a company vehicle which is taken home each night - no more commuting in your own vehicle burning expensive gas! You will your company-supplied cell phone to call dispatch, who schedules your day from one customer job site to another. Only periodic trips are made into the branch to resupply your van with parts. You will perform repairs, maintenance, and inspections for the Dock and Door division, and also assist in the shop/field for the Lift Truck division as needed. This position will bring variety to your day!
- Competitive wage and benefits
- Extensive extended health benefits package including health, dental, critical illness, life insurance, travel insurance, and more; with premiums paid by Arpac
- Disability benefits package paid by employees
- Comprehensive family health and wellness program
- Extensive in-house training
- Fun employee events and BBQs
- Applicable Millwright or Dock & Door service experience (1-3 years)
- Enrolled in a Millwright Apprenticeship program.
- Clean and valid Class 5 driver’s license and driver’s abstract
- Welding experience is an asset
- Electrical experience is an asset
- Customer service focus
- Good communication skills (written/verbal)
- Attention to detail
- Problem solver with a can-do attitude