Parts Assistant – Edmonton
Need A Lift? Take your Career To The Next Level! Arpac is western Canada's leading provider of material handling equipment and industrial storage solutions for over 40 years. Our expanding company has over 200 employees at our locations throughout BC and Alberta.
ARPAC is expanding and we need your help! We are currently looking for an entry level Parts Assistant at our Edmonton Branch. The ideal candidate has one year related experience.
A Typical Day
In this position your day is always fast paced and new. The Parts Assistant is responsible for maintaining and coordinating inventory and parts orders, picking and shipping, facilitates deliveries to Arpac’s onsite operations, and assisting the Parts and Shipping/ Receiving departments as needed. This position will provide exciting challenges and variety to your day.
- Competitive wage and benefits
- Extensive extended health benefits package including health, dental, critical illness, life insurance, travel insurance, and more; with premiums paid by Arpac
- Disability benefits package paid by employees
- Extensive in-house training
- Excellent organizational skills and demonstrated attention to detail
- Good interpersonal skills required, including being a team player
- Ability to work independently and unsupervised
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills
- Basic computer skills
- Reliable, flexible, and willing to change with the environment
- Knowledge of lifting techniques, i.e., knowing when to use a lifting device or when to ask for help
- High School diploma or equivalent required
- WHMIS, TDG, and Forklift Operators course
- Valid Class “5” Driver’s License and a Clean Driver’s Abstract required
- Minimum 1 year related experience in a parts department required
- Mechanical aptitude