Motive Power Technician
Are you looking for an opportunity to evolve and apply your technical expertise? If the answer is yes, then this role is for you! We are currently searching for a field Motive Power Technician to add to our Service team in Edmonton. The ideal candidate has 2+ years of industry related training and experience in a similar role!
Arpac is Western Canada’s leading provider of material handling equipment and industrial storage solutions for over 50 years. Leading with innovative product lines and top-notch service are what separates us from our competition!
A Typical Day
As a Motive Power Technician, you will be responsible for testing, maintaining, and repairing industrial batteries and chargers both on Arpac and customer sites. This also includes installing batteries, chargers, and/or other battery related equipment too. You will be supplied a company vehicle which is taken home each night and will use your company-supplied cell phone to call dispatch, who schedules your day from one job site to another. Only periodic trips are made into the branch to resupply your van with parts - which means your days will always look different!
- Competitive wage and benefits
- Guaranteed 40-hour work week
- Company vehicle - yours to take home at night
- Extensive extended health benefits package including health, dental, critical illness, life insurance, travel insurance, and more; with premiums paid by Arpac
- Disability benefits package paid by employees
- Comprehensive family health and wellness program
- Extensive in-house training
- Tool allowance
- Fun employee events and BBQs
- Industry related training and/or 2 + years of prior experience in a similar role
- Able to read and understand electrical schematics
- Able to read and understand service manuals, plan, and follow-through.
- Familiar with tools and equipment such as common hand tools, electrical/air tools, torch, arc welder, and various types of testing equipment
- Clean and valid Class 5 driver’s license
- Customer service focus
- Good communication skills (written/verbal)
- Attention to detail
- Problem solver with a can-do attitude