Occupational Health and Safety Advisor/ Manager
Give your career a lift with ARPAC, western Canada’s leading provider of material handling equipment and industrial storage solutions for over 40 years. Our expanding company has over 200 employees at our locations in Vancouver, Calgary and Edmonton.
ARPAC is expanding and we need your help! We are currently looking for anOccupational Health and Safety Advisor/ Manager, for our Delta operations. The ideal candidate brings with them 7+ years’ experience in a similar capacity, complimented by a certificate or diploma in Occupational Health and Safety.
A Typical Day
The Occupational Health and Safety Representative is a key position in our operations for our British Columbia and Alberta locations. This position will promote a culture of safety by working closely with all employee groups to motive and encourage a safe working atmosphere. But it doesn’t stop there! Managing ongoing COR requirements, maintaining statistics, and being an active member in investigations and the safety committee initiatives, are all in a day’s work.
- Competitive wage and benefits
- 100% paid family extended benefits & dental premiums
- Extensive in-house training
- Effective organizational, prioritization and time management skills
- Ability to take initiative and follow through until completion
- Strong communication skills in English (both written and verbal) using professionalism and diplomacy
- Ability to develop and maintain good working relationships with management, employees, and customers
- Minimum High School Graduate or equivalent
- Certification/ Diploma in OH&S
- 7 + years’ experience in Occupational Health and Safety
- COR and audit experience is considered an asset
- Experience managing contractor compliance sites is considered an asset
- Previous experience in a similar environment would be considered an asset
- Previous experience with OH&S Regulations and WCB policies and procedures
- Travel with the greater Vancouver area required and periodic travel to Alberta (approximated at 15% of the time)
- Valid driver's license and abstract