Dock and Door Service Technician - Delta
Give your career a lift with ARPAC, western Canada’s leading provider of material handling equipment and industrial storage solutions for over 40 years. Our expanding company has over 200 employees at our locations in Vancouver, Calgary and Edmonton.
ARPAC is expanding and we need your help! We are currently looking for a Dock Service Technician at our Delta branch. The ideal candidate is a Journeyperson Millwright/ Electrician/ Welder and has previous experience troubleshooting and working on a variety of docks and doors.
A Typical Day
Dock Service Technicians are supplied a company vehicle which is taken home each night - no more commute in your own vehicle burning expensive gas! You use your company-supplied cell phone to call dispatch, who schedules your day from one customer job site to another. Only periodic trips are made into the branch to resupply your van with parts. This position performs repairs, maintenance, and inspections on Dock Equipment and Doors at customer sites. This position brings variety to the day and is always different.
- Competitive wage and benefits
- Guaranteed 40-hour work week - no “flat rate”
- Company vehicle - yours to take home at night
- 100% paid family extended benefits & dental premiums
- Extensive in-house training
- Experience working on various Dock Equipment and Doors
- Journeyperson certificate in the Millwright/ Electrical/ Welding trade
- Clean and valid Class 5 driver’s license and driver’s abstract
- Welding experience is an asset
- Electrical experience is an asset
- Hydraulic experience is an asset
- Customer service focus
- Good communication skills (written/verbal)
- Attention to detail
- Problem solver with a can-do attitude